Saturday, May 23, 2009

DIY: Eye Shadow Primer

♥What you will need:
foundation or concealer
moisturizer
body butter
glycerin(optional)
container to store it in

♥I used a foundation i was running out of already. I cut the top of the tube with scissors to make use of every single drop of the product (I'm not cheap...I'm smart :] LOL) You can use that foundation you accidentally bought in the wrong tone...you know! The one that is just sitting there being too dark or way too light for your skin color. yeah! bust it out!! Or you can go out and buy a foundation that isn't very expensive. N.Y.C. has foundation for like $3! The moisturizer I used was 97cents because it's the travel-size. The body butter is mainly to add texture. It helps the shadow colors pop. It's a lot better if the body butter is white. I added glycerin because it helps lock in the moisture and your eyeshadow will last a lot longer. You can find this at any drugstore such as Walgreens, Target, or Wal-Mart. I found mine at Wal-Mart for $2.98. It's by like the Band-aids and first aid kit stuff. You don't need to include the glycerin but I recommend you do, not only to make this primer, but because you will need it to make another little homemade product that I'm going to show you girlies in a few days (a mixing media to turn any eyeshadow into a liquid liner!!!). Oh, & be sure to have a little container to keep your finished product in. I got mine at Wal-Mart as well. They have them by the travel size toiletries along with other small containers...It should be in an aisle within the health&beauty section of the store. I got mine in pink & it was a little pack of 2 for like $1. You can use any other container as long as you have a cover for it.♥
♥Here is what you do:
-Pour equal parts of foundation and moisturizer into your container. Just eye-ball it!...you don't need precise measurements or anything like that.
-Mix it...I used a bobby pin to mix mine :)
-Add a chunk of body butter. I added about a teaspoon to mine. Don't be afraid to add too much, as long as it doesn't take over the amount of foundation and moisturizer mix.
-Mix it!
-Then just add a few drops of glycerin. I put 5 drops in mine. The glycerin gives it the same consistency as the oh-so-famous Urban Decay Primer Potion.
-Mix it again :)
-This is one of those things where a little goes a long way, so just lightly dab your finger on your primer and rub it onto the top of your hand to test it.
-Apply any eyeshadow to a spot without primer....
-Now apply that same shadow over the spot where you put primer.
-Smile because you love it!!

I'LL HAVE MY OWN SWATCHES IN AN UPCOMING POST :]

♥ I hope you found this helpful. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.♥

2 comments: